This is a tasty, warm salad filled with amazing vegetables. You get tons of flavors, colors, and textures. It’s a mindful eater’s dream! All of these nourishing foods come together to create a tantalizing dish that will satisfy every sense.
– 1 cup quinoa (Traditional is more flavorful but red has more nutrients and has a pretty color, you choose whichever you want!)
– 2/3 cup chopped white onion
– 1 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
– 1 cup chopped yellow squash
– 2 cups fresh green beans, chopped
– 8 cloves of garlic
– 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
– Juice of half a lemon
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
– Olive oil
– Get a large baking tray or cooking sheet. Spread the onion, zucchini, squash, and green beans over the sheet and drizzle a bit of olive oil over them.
– Wrap the garlic in tin foil and place it in the oven next to the tray of vegetables.
– Roast the veggies at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes (until they’re all nice and soft).
– Cook the quinoa the same way you normally do (or following instructions on the package) while the vegetables are cooking.
– Grab your food processor and add in the roasted garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and a tablespoon of olive oil. Blend it all well.
– Mix the quinoa, vegetables, and dressing in a bowl and serve while still hot. (It’s also pretty tasty chilled.)