When I think of breakfast foods there are a few factors that are very important for me.
Must have some kind of veggie.
Must have plenty of protein.
No fancy ingredients, I need to have the stuff on hand.
Quick and easy to put together. I’m don’t have time to cool a time consuming dish first thing in the morning!
This simple frittata fits perfectly.
1 cup chopped broccoli
2 ½ cup O’Brien hash browns, thawed
6 large eggs
2 tbsp milk
¼ tsp pepper
salt to taste
½ cup cheddar cheese
¼ cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Take out an oven safe skillet and add a little bit of oil or cooking spray and heat on the stove over medium heat.
3. Add in the broccoli and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add in the hash browns and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a bowl until combined and then pour over the hash brown mixture.
6. Continue to cook on the stove for five minutes. Do not stir.
7. Bake in the oven for 7 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with cheese and green onions.
8. Let sit for 3 minutes and then cut into wedges.