I really love roasted veggies but on their own they don’t make a complete meal. You need a good source of protein to keep you feeling full and energized. I thought for a while about what would be a good add in and landed on chickpeas! They have a good amount of protein and taste amazing roasted along with the veggies.
You can switch up the seasonings and veggies to your liking but I love this because it’s so flavorful and a bit spicy to help boost your metabolism.
1 onion (red, yellow, or sweet are all good depending on what you prefer)
1 green pepper
1 red pepper
1 ½ cup mushrooms
1 full bulb of garlic, peeled
1 can of chickpeas, liquid drained
1 ½ tbsp olive oil
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp sea salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp pepper
½ tbsp chili powder
½ tbsp chipotle chili powder
1. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut the onion and peppers with a mandolin.
3. Put all veggies in a large bowl.
4. Pour olive oil over vegetables.
5. Mix seasonings in a small bowl and then pour into the veggies.
6. Mix until everything is well coated.
7. Place on a baking pan either oiled or covered with parchment paper.
8. Cook for 30 minutes or until desired darkness.