Tater tots were a staple in my house when I was a kid, but now that I’m an adult I really like the idea of sprucing them up with some more flavor and nutritious ingredients. These taste so good and everyone at the table will love them! They also reheat well so make leftovers for snacks.
1 1/2 pound sweet potatoes
1 can garbanzo beans (do not drain)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cups shredded parmasan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp paprika
1. Preheat your ovent o 400 degrees F.
2. Boil the sweet potatoes for around 15 minutes. They should be just starting to get tender. (You don’t want them too tender or your tots will be too mushy.)
3. Put your potatoes in the fridge to cool.
4. When the potatoes are cool enough, grate them with a cheese grater.
5. Put the garbanzo beans and liquid in your food processor and puree.
6. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
7. Lightly oil a baking sheet.
8. Roll balls out of about 1 tbsp of the mixture and place them on the baking sheet about an inch apart.
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until they start to lightly brown.
10. Sprinkle a little bit of salt on top.