Kabobs are a fun meal and are easy to customize. Feel free to add more fruits or veggies to the kabobs as you wish! Remember, for young children you should remove the food from the skewers to prevent injury.
3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp fresh minced ginger
3 cloves minced garlic
6 chicken breasts cut into 2 inch chunks
1 20-ounce can of pineapple chunks
Sprinkle of salt
1. Mix the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic, and 2 tbsp of juice from the pineapple in a bowl and mix until well combined.
2. Drain the rest of the juice from the pineapple.
3. Put the pineapple (and any other veggies) in one bowl and the chicken in another. Pour sauce over the two so they are both well coated in sauce.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
5. About 10 minutes before you want to put kabobs together, soak your skewers in water.
6. Preheat the grill to medium-high and lightly oil it.
7. Alternate chicken and pineapple on the skewers and then grill for about 15 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.