Looking for more ways to get your family to eat vegetables? Try adding them to the sides they already enjoy! I love twice baked potatoes so it only made sense to try to add some veggies to it. Broccoli is perfect! The flavors mix so well and they’re still cheesy and delicious.
4 baking potatoes
1 tbsp olive oil + extra for outside of potato skins
3 cups broccoli florets
3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 tbsp cream cheese
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp milk
1. Pierce each potato and microwave for 20 minutes or until tender. Put in the refridgerator to cool. Be sure to cover them if you’re leaving them overnight.
2. Steam broccoli until tender and chop.
3. Heat up olive oil in a skillet over medium low heat and saute onion until it becomes soft. Turn down to low and add the garlic. Cook for two minutes.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Cut out the top quarter of each potato and scoop out the insides into a bowl.
6. Mash the potato insides and mix in all of the other ingredients.
7. Rub oil on the outside of the potato skins and fill them with the mixture.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.