When I first started cutting carbs I learned about the magic of quinoa. It’s tasty and full of nutrients. Normally I use it as a grain for side dishes but then I thought… why not as a coating or breading as well?
I was pretty happy with how this turned out.
1 pound cod, haddock, or tilapia
2 tsp butter
¾ cup panko
¼ cup uncooked quinoa
1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
¼ tsp ground dill
½ tsp lemon pepper seasoning
½ tsp salt
¼ cup wheat flour
2 egg whites
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Add your butter to a skillet over medium heat. Once melted add the panko, quinoa, and seasonings.
4. Stirring often, cook until golden brown and then pour into a bowl.
5. Add the flour to a separate bowl and put the egg whites in another.
6. Cut your fish into strips and then dip in the flour, egg whites, and then panko mixture.
7. Place on baking sheet and continue until all of the fish is coated.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until fish is opaque in the middle.