Soups are one of the best ways to get plenty of vegetables in your diet. If you’re not the type that normally likes sweet potatoes, I highly recommend giving this a try once anyways. I find that when combined with the flavors of minestrone, even people who hate sweet potatoes normally enjoy them this way.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup diced onion
½ cup diced celery
2 cups diced and peeled sweet potatoes
1 15-ounce can Great Northern beans (rinsed and drained)
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
2 ¼ cup water
1 tsp dried rosemary
3 cups chopped fresh kale
1. Heat up oil over medium-high in a large pot.
2. Add the onions and celery. Cook stirring often until the onion is soften.
3. Add the potatoes, beans, tomatoes, broth, water, and rosemary.
4. Stir and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
6. Simmer for 30 minutes.
7. Add the kale, cover again, and simmer until the kale is desired tenderness.