Angel food cake is one of the most popular cakes for dieters because it’s so light and fluffy. This is probably one of the fluffiest recipes I’ve used for angel food cake. The frozen lemonade is the secret ingredient. It adds a bit of extra flavor that makes your cake unique and flavorful. I highly suggest giving it a go!
10 egg whites or 1 1/2 cups carton egg whites (the carton ones don’t work as well)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
3 tablespoons of frozen lemonade concentrated juice mix
3/4 cup sugar
1. Get a large bowl and add the egg whites. Cover the bowl and let it set for around 20-30 minutes so the eggs can reach room temperature.
2. Sift the powdered sugar and flour together 2-3 times and set aside.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. Grab the egg white bowl and add the cream of tartar. Mix with an electric mixer on medium until it starts to make soft peaks. You know it’s at soft peaks when the tips of the peaks curl down.
5. Add the thawed concentrated juice and begin adding the granulated sugar a few spoonfuls at a time. Beat the eggs until they form hard peaks where the tips stay standing.
6. Start to fold the flour and powdered sugar mixture in about 1/5 of the mixture at a time until it’s all combined.
7. Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Place on the lowest rack and bake for 40 minutes. The top should spring back when lightly pressed on.
8. Pull the cake out and put it upside down on the counter or a cutting board to cool.
9. Once it’s cooled, remove from the pan and enjoy.