Where I live I can find whole chickens on sale at the grocery store pretty often. I love it because they are easy to cook with this method, cheap, low calorie, and serve a ton of people. I can boil the bones after to help make a great broth for chicken noodle soup as well!
I go with this slow cooker method because it turns out juicy and flavorful but is seriously no fuss. No checking on it constantly. Clean up is easy. Trust me, you need to try this!
1 whole chicken
1 tbsp Olive oil
Optional: If you prefer lemon pepper or other seasonings you can add those as well.
You’ll also need aluminum foil.
1. Make a few balls of tin foil and put them in the crock pot. They will hold your chicken up a bit so that the bottom doesn’t get soggy.
2. Rub the olive oil over your chicken until coated.
3. Sprinkle with seasonings.
4. Cook covered on high in your slow cooker for 3-4 hours or low for 5-7 hours. You know it’s done with the internal temperature is 160 degrees F in the breast or 180 degrees F in the thigh.
5. Let sit for five to ten minutes before eating.