I love that cauliflower is seeing so much more love these days. It’s no longer simply steamed or boiled and served. People are creating so many great recipes with it!
Lately I’ve enjoyed using cauliflower as a way to deal with my craving for fried food by creating little fried patties packed with nutrition.
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets and steamed
1/2 of a white onion, chopped finely
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tsp seasoning salt
3 tsp olive oil
1. Mash the cauliflower with a potato masher and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. When cool add the egg, onion, flour, garlic, chili powder, paprika, and seasoning. Mix and mash with the masher until well combined.
3. Heat up the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Form 1/3-1/2 inch patties and fry them until they’re brown and crispy on both sides.
5. Allow to drain for 2 minutes on a plate with paper towels.