Finding desserts that you can have while on the Atkins diet can be a challenge, especially during induction. This flan is perfect for dealing with that sweet craving. It can also be a great breakfast! You can use different extracts for different flavors. I’ve heard that a lot of people really love hazelnut, almond, egg nog, or Kahlua flavoring instead of vanilla.
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup water
2 tbsp sugar substitute (or six packets)
2 tsp vanilla extract (or other extract)
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp salt
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put all ingredients besides the cinnamon in your stand mixer (or bowl) and blend for about three minutes. It’ll become very creamy.
3. Pour into ramekins or a baking dish.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
5. Bake for 35-45 minutes. You know they are ready when the middle is starting to set.
6. Let cool for a few minutes before eating.